Saturday, July 23, 2011

Top Albums to Check out This Week & Some you Shouldnt


Top Albums to Check out this week:

Ringworm “Scars”
 
-Metallic Hardcore Heavyweights, a must check out for any fan of the genre. This album is just what I hoped it would be and its equally as good as “The Promise”.


Marduk “Iron Dawn EP”


-Although after multiple listens I still think this EP is far superior to many Black metal releases this year and its only 13 minutes long, chalk that up to me being into faster black metal I suppose.

(The Entire EP for your Enjoyment)

Harm’s Way “Isolation”


-I have to admit, Harm’s way is a band that although I’ve followed I haven’t kept up with lately (or at least since their previous album, “No gods No masters” but this is definitely a step up from that. Purely outright aggressive stuff but not so generic you should overlook it.  They’re music is similar to Xibalba’s latest album which I reviewed not long ago.


Weekend Nacho’s “Worthless”


-Another great hardcore release this year, although its kind of late in the running to be suggesting this album since it was released in May, but it is completely worth picking up though.




 "Every one of these albums will make you act like this dude"
Stay Away from these:

I Wrestled a Bear Once “Ruining it for Everybody”


-I had high hopes for this record being as I somewhat enjoyed their last album but either this is way to out there for me or it just sucks, possibly the former though more than likely.

Limp Bizkit “Gold Cobra”


-Obviously if you still listen to this, there is a problem with you.

Incubus “If Not Now, When?”


-Once again I find myself scratching my head as to why an artist such as Incubus could release such garbage; it is just got mediocrity written all over it. (Even though I hate to not suggest it, it is their worst release)

Tennessee Murder Club “Carving a Legacy”


-I read recently that this band is “Disgustingly Sick Nasty Brutal” not to mention with such a winner of a name, how could u go wrong? Watch some of their videos, they’re horrid.

And I leave you with my most anticipated upcoming release:
Opeth “Heritage”




The best part about this is that, its impossible to even find an audio sample, but I can’t wait either way.
Pre-Order’s just went up as of the 21st of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment