Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Albums to Check out this Week as Well as Albums to LOL @


Even though I enjoy reviewing albums the previous way I have been on this blog, but I can’t continue to do a full length review of every album so that being said, I will continue to suggest multiple albums at a time and occasionally post a full review of a note-worthy album. Still request albums, and feel free to talk in the Chatbox located to the left.

Albums worth kicking someone in the face to this week:



Hail! Hornet “Dispurse the Curse”
-Basically a mix-mash of bands that include ( Weedeater, Bongzilla, Sourvein, Buzzoven, Birds Of Prey, Beaten Back To Pure) many of whom I happen to listen to quite a bit, particularly Weedeater because of that nasty bass playing of Dixie Dave, and an added bonus is that they’re from NC!






 Devin Townsend “Deconstruction & Ghost”
-I’ve pretty much kept up with Devin Townsend basically since Strapping young lad’s “City” but either way strapping young lad is no more but Devin Townsend remains. I recently watched an interview with Devin on metalinjection.net and he said that “Deconstruction” is more of an album people wanted him to make with a pretty much all over the place production and has an amazing line-up of guest appearances. Devin then suggested that “Ghost” is more of the album he felt like he wanted to make now that he’s grown older, although both sonically different in texture for musically, Devin never ceases to amaze me with steller production and a definitive story, how could u go wrong?

 (Deconstruction)

(Ghost)

 

uneXpect “Fables of the Sleepless Empire”
-absolutely amazing hands down its got so many genres of influence that you can hear, very avant-garde. Classical instruments being played and nine string Bass guitar that you can actually hear being articulated perfect. So great!




Origin “Entity”
-  Being one of my favorite bands, this album is great but I still miss their original singer. Highly recommended for Technical Death Metal fans.


 

Woods of Desolation “Torn beyond Reason”
-Amazing Amazing Amazing!  Atmospheric Black Metal worth checking out if you like bands similar to Wolves in the Throne Room.




The Konsortium  “The Konsortium”
-imagine combining Anaal Nathrakh black metal elements with recent band “Ghost” whose aesthetically pleasing vocal harmonies are littered throughout “opus euronymous” from earlier this year. It’s like post-black metal but has other elements to it. Very different I think





Caina “Hands that Pluck”
-Burzum mixed with Mogwai mixed with Red House Painters. Caina are a post-black metal band who’s last album “Temporary Antennae” which I thought was great but lacking something to make it amazing and I can safely say that “Hands that Pluck” is that album.




Pestilence “Doctrine”
-Devestating to say the least, if you’re a fan of death metal and you don’t know who this band is, I believe you need to go listen to “Consuming Impulse” and “Spheres” before you hate all over this record. Personally it is not breaking new ground by any means but I still think it a pretty solid record, kind of reminded me of the first time I heard “Slowly We Rot” by Obituary.



Albums to LOL @ in the coming week:



Morbid Angel “illud divinum insanus”
-absolutely terrible, piece of crap release by a band who are considered the cream of the crop in Death metal, and I just can’t believe what I’m hearing honestly.





Suicide Silence “Black Crown”
-uninspiring, boring, terrible, lazy sounding record and to believe somehow this band remains relevant.




 
All Time Low “Dirty Work”
-obviously my favorite genre, pop-punk how stupid! Terrible release by a already terrible over-rated worthless band





Lil’ Wayne “Sorry 4 the wait”
-obviously everything this artist put’s out is terrible, which is why I had to include this on here just for spite.





The World We Knew “Death Dealer”
-Last time I heard this band they were XThe World We KnewX and were playing an almost Deathcore/Straight Edge Hardcore style. Now I just get online this morning to find to my surprise all of a sudden they’re trying to sound like every other deathcore band particularly Chelsea Grin who is pretty terrible all by their self not to mention having copy-cats, so funny!

(from this- 2006)

(to this- 2011)


ps: i know that either one of them are good, but since i expected a little more less generic stuff than the 2011 stuff oh well i guess at least the Warriors are still kickin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment