Sunday, August 14, 2011

Overall Suggestions For The Week


Overall Suggestions for the Week:
Granted some of these albums have already been out for a while they’re just some I’ve been digging on here lately. Enjoy

Ceremony “6 Cover Songs”
-Pretty much what you would expect from a cover album but with Ceremony’s stylistic spin on the songs which include: Public Opinion (Urban Waste Cover) Nimrods Son (The Pixies Cover) Holocaust (Crisis Cover) American Society (Eddie and the Subtitles Cover) 5 to 10 (Vile Cover) Pink Flag (Wire Cover). Pretty awesome I think. I cannot wait for the next LP from them.



Ed Gein “Bad Luck”
-I hate I just now am giving this a proper listen because I used to really enjoy listening to Ed Gein and I figured they were still broken up and to my surprise I found this online and gave it a listen. They still retain their extremely chaotic and violent sound but at the same time sound more mature and varied than ever. I still love their album from 03’ “It's A Shame That A Family Can Be Torn Apart By Something As Simple As A Pack Of Wild Dogs” over any other in the discography from them.



Tombs “Path of Totality”
-After listening to “Winter Hours” back in 09’ to be honest I was let down, when the album stopped so abruptly because I was almost you could say “let down” because it just didn’t seem it should end where it did. On “Path of Totality” though everything is almost perfect for me and overcomes what “Winter Hours” left me with. Tombs play a mixture of Post-Metal and Sludge so if your into that style this is a must for you to check out.



Engineer “Crooked Voices”
-Similar in vein of Ed Gein, I haven’t kept up with this band however I don’t think they broke up at any time. Their release “The Dregs” was one of my favorite records of 07’ but I have regretfully misplaced that record somewhere and haven’t listened to it for a while. “Crooked Voices” is by far the follow up to “The Dregs” with the same sound and energy but almost the soundtrack to the aftermath of “The Dregs” which is perfectly fine with me.



Black Freighter “Graves and Monuments”
-I just now have heard about this band and it appears they are already broken up and only released one record. However that record is a mammoth of crushing blackened hardcore. Worthy of recommendation



New Lows “Harvest of the Carcass”
-Not much to say, this is awesome. PERIOD!



Hypomaine “A City in Mono”
-Not entirely a post-black metal release I think of it more as a hybrid act with Shoegaze/Post-Rock band with black metal elements. Really great though if you’ve never heard them get this album. Almost makes me think im listening to Explosions in the Sky but with a slightly different take on post-rock


Addition Albums Worth Checking out:
Alpinist/Masakari “Split”
All Pigs Must Die “God is War”
Black Kites/Convulsions “Split”
Skin like Iron “Arrival”
Bacchus  “Bacchus LP”
Sleepmakeswaves “…And So We Destroyed Everything”
Cerebral Ballzy “Cerebral Ballzy”

No comments:

Post a Comment