Sunday, October 9, 2011

Albums of the Week

Albums to Check out This Week & Some Albums to Throw in The Microwave
I have quite a lot going on in the coming weeks so I am going to start doing this for the time being. I will resume my top 30 list probably in November sometime.
Enjoy


Man’s Gin “Smiling Dogs”
-Rock/Acoustic Group. Completely worth your time if you enjoy something softer than my usual taste. It is however worth your time as any music lover. Production is Excellent I believe it came out last year really been digging on it lately. Enjoy this late at night



Absu “Abzu”
-Thrash Black Metal? Yes by the one and only Absu. It took me a little while to really get into this but basically as usual I end up really loving it. It gets better with each listen



As You Drown “Rat King”
-Although not entirely original at times. The Intensity of this band is why ive kept up with them since their last release. This album however is a great improvement and sounds much more mature than the last album in my honest opinion.




Blotted Science “The Animation of Entomology EP”
-If you like Metal, Get This Immediately. Just came out this Week (Tuesday)




The Atlas Moth “An Ache for the Distance”
-Probably in the Top 5 Albums of the Year for me honestly. This is Sludge, but it feels so different from a lot of things I’ve listened to over the years. Musically it is no different but just the atmosphere it creates I guess you could say is what does it for me. This is an excellent album with amazing production quality, and musicianship aplenty.




Falls of Rauros “The Light that Dwells in Rotten Wood”
-Doom-ish Black Metal in the vein of Wolves in The Throne Room without all of the tremolo picking on the guitars. Really good stuff if you need a change of pace with the same amount of emotion.


(full album here, as it is best enjoyed In entirety)


Brutal Truth “End Time”
-Grindcore,Grindcore,Grindcore! That is what this is supposted to sound like. All this coming not as a surprise since this bands record “Need to Control” is probably the best grindcore album besides maybe a certain Napalm Death album.



And Let the Microwaving Begin…….





LMFAO “Sorry for Party Rocking”
-This band is seriously a joke. I mean firstly lets address their name shall we, LMFAO (Laughing My Fucking Ass Off) how can I take you seriously with this sort of name? I suppose your laughing at yourself and how stupid your music makes people. Not to mention how dumb you look, I wasn’t aware greasy hair was back in style? But anyway, oversized glasses too? Tight pants? Hmmmmm now onto your music, you write music for people who can’t listen to music with intelligence. (No different than the black eyed peas or Kesha and yes I refuse to put that stupid fucking $ sign in her name cause it is dumb as hell but anyway). This Group is a joke unto themselves not to mention everybody eating them up because they can put words together that rhyme but guess I’m too old to appreciate this garbage.



(Tha Carter 74 "Many Years Down the Road")
 but really.....



Lil’ Wayne “Tha Carter IV”
-This is so terrible. Auto-tune’d, Inconsistent, Terrible, Awful, Dire, Dreadful, Horrific, Frightening, Horrendous, Atrocious, Horrid, Lousy, Shitty, Poor, Regrettable, Boring, Simple, Irksome, Tiresome, Dull. I mean there aren’t enough relatable terms to list that describe what a worthless waste this album is not to mention the artist himself. Yeah he went to prison, last time I checked he wasn’t the first rap/R&B artist to have went there either so quit saying how great he is for whatever reason. Secondly, every person that smokes weed thinks that Mr. Wayne is the greatest rap artist of all time. Obviously it goes in correlation with one another considering it takes weed to enjoy this music or at least become somewhat interested in it and he knows that selling point therefore he attempts to make bubblegum pop-rap songs with lyrics that make absolutely no sense what so ever (See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Helen Keller). Obviously that makes perfect sense to those inebriated enough, but not to me. Worst Song is “How to Hate” w/ T-Pain because it’s a terrible auto-tuned worthless rap song. So once again Mr. Wayne went about his business and everybody once again thinks he’s the greatest.
What a joke





Winds of Plague “Against the World”
-Does this even need to be explained? I remember back when this group dropped the A Cold Day in Hell LP but this to me sounds like Limp Bizkit’s “significant other” all over again. LITERALLY and not to mention their live show sucks ass almost 4 times over their albums they’ve released.




Queensrythe “Dedicated to Chaos”
-Could be a contender for worst album of the decade seriously. I listened to two songs and it took me forever to listen to the entire thing. There is no way to accurately describe how much worse they sound in 2011 compared to previous albums. Terrible




The Browning “Burn This World”
-Another band who thinks that including Dubstep will help increase their popularity. For those into following a trend…….Enjoy. Talentless





No comments:

Post a Comment